- Linga Longa Farm Beef Cheeks 1.5 – 2kg
- 2 onions diced
- 3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped, leaves included
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 4 gloves garlic diced
- 2 -3 fresh bay leaves
- 6 stems fresh thyme
- Pepper and Salt to season
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 bottle of tomato passata
- 1 cup of beef stock or bone broth
Dice the veg and sauté in a little olive oil.
Sauté beef cheeks in the same pan. Add red wine, tomato sugo and bay leaves and season.
Slow cook on stove top 3hrs, slow cooker 6hours or pressure cooker 1hr. Beef cheeks are ready when they break apart easily
Remove beef cheeks puree gravy
Serve on potato mash