- 1.5kg Linga Longa Roast
- 1 x 40g sachet chilli con carne recipe base
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled jalapenos, finely chopped(optional)
- 8 mini white corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce and reduced-fat grated cheddar, to serve
Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle with seasoning. Rub all over to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place beef on prepared tray. Roast for 1.5hrs minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until charred and garlic is tender. Peel garlic. Place tomatoes and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in onion, coriander and jalapenos
Thinly slice beef. Serve beef with tortillas, salsa, lettuce and cheese.