- Linga Longa Farm 4x200g rump steaks
- 2 potatoes or 1 sweet potato
- 3 cups frozen peas
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves (or mint sauce)
- 2 Teaspoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons of horseradish or mustard
- 4 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced.
2. Place potato in a medium saucepan. Boil jug and cover with boiling water, boil for 15mins or until tender. Add peas for the last 5mins of cooking time, drain. Return to pan, using a fork, roughly mash. Stir in mint. Cool for 5mins.
3. Meanwhile, season steaks with salt pepper and olive oil and cook over a high heat in frypan for 30-60seconds until just browned. Transfer to a plate. Spread the top of each with horseradish or mustard.
4. Place 1 pastry sheet on a flat- surface. Spoon ¼ of the pea mash onto the centre of pastry. Top with steak. Fold pastry over to enclose steak, pressing gently to seal. Place on prepared tray, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining pastry sheets, mash and steak. Brush with egg. Decorate top with pastry strips if desired.
5. Bake for 20minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed.